Skip to main content
What is USA Passenger Cycle Rule?
||Drivers, Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers
||Motive Driver App, Fleet Admin Dashboard
- Work Shift (On-Duty period) begins after at least 8 consecutive hours of off-duty/sleeper/waiting time.
- Total shift time after taking consecutive 8 hours off would be 15 hours.
- Driver must not drive more than 10 hours of the 15 hours in a shift.
- The cycle starts 7/8 days before the end of the current day; no cycle resets.
- Since the cycle started, the driver must not drive after 60/70 hours on duty/driving.
- There should be 2 sleeper periods totaling 8+ hours, each 2-8 hours, and restarts the shift from after the first of the two periods.
Share this with others
This article also appears under:
© 2013-2023 Motive Technologies, Inc.
Resources for Drivers and other users of the Motive Driver App.
Resources for users of the Motive Fleet Dashboard and Motive Fleet App.
Installers / Installation Guides
Resources on how to install all Motive hardware products, such as Vehicle Gateways and Cameras.
Reset password, add a vehicle, install vehicle gateway (ELD)