|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Admin > Cards|
A Fleet Admin can disable or delete a custom metadata input field that was required to be captured previously. This field can either be a Free Text input field or a Single-select dropdown, based on your preference.
Steps: Disabling/Deleting a Single-select or Free Text Input Custom Field
1. Log in to Fleet Dashboard and click Admin.
2. Click Cards under PRODUCTS dropdown on the left-hand side.
3. Click Edit for Transaction Metadata.
4. To Disable the custom field requirement, uncheck the setting Custom single-select or Custom text input.
a. Disabling the setting ensures that this metadata is not required before every transaction and that the setting is available to be enabled later.
5. To Delete the custom field requirement, click the Cross present on the right-hand side of the custom setting Custom single-select or Custom text input.
a. Deleting the setting deletes the setting definition, and it has to be redefined in case it needs to be re-enabled in the future.
- What is Motive Card transaction metadata capture?
- How to enable a custom metadata field input for Motive Cards
- How to enable odometer reading capture before each transaction