|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Safety|
The DRIVE risk score is calculated for a fleet after 2 weeks of driving behavior. In addition to evaluating risk, DRIVE scores bring visibility to the top and bottom performing drivers.
Steps: Understanding drivers' DRIVE score
1. Log in to the Motive Fleet Dashboard and click on Safety in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click on the Insights tab in the Safety Hub.
3. With the Contributing Factors graph, you can understand the driver behaviors impacting your fleet’s DRIVE score over the last 24 weeks.
To go back further in time, click the gray arrow on the bottom-left of the graph.
The blue line on the graph follows the left-handed Y-axis and displays the DRIVE score for the given week.
4. Use the stacked bars that follow the right-handed Y-axis to see how individual driver behaviors (braking, acceleration, cornering, speeding, HOS violations) impacted the DRIVE score for the given week.
- Anything above 0 means your fleet performed better than expected in that behavioral area; thus, adding points to your fleet’s DRIVE score.
- Anything below 0 means your fleet performed worse than expected in that behavioral area; thus, subtracting points from your fleet’s DRIVE score.
The blue dots indicate when the addition or subtraction of drivers to your fleet had the highest absolute impact among all factors that impact the fleet DRIVE score.
To see the breakdown of driver behaviors for a given week and the impact on your fleet’s DRIVE score, use the summary box on the right of the graph.
5. Scroll down to view your Fleet Performance to get a holistic view of your fleet’s safety performance, with a breakdown by DRIVE grades.
6. Under the Fleet Analysis section:
- The Score toggle shows the % of your drivers that fall into each DRIVE score range.
- The Impact toggle shows the % of your drivers that had a positive, negative, or net neutral impact to your fleet’s DRIVE score for that week.
7. Under Driver Impact Analysis, the Negative toggle shows your bottom-performing 5 drivers with the biggest negative impact, and the Positive toggle shows your top performing 5 drivers with the biggest positive impact on your fleet’s DRIVE score for that week.
Note: You can compare their 1 week vs 12-week impact to the fleet DRIVE score to understand if their 1-week performance is part of a larger trend.
Learn more about the DRIVE risk score with our 101 guide.