|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Admin|
Fleet Admins can create customized vehicle inspection reports that can be assigned to any vehicle or group of vehicles in the Fleet. These reports allow the admins to better manage the vehicles in the Fleet.
|Note: Creating an Inspection Form is only supported for Motive Enterprise plan subscribers.|
Steps: Creating an Inspection Form from Fleet Dashboard
1. Log into Fleet Dashboard and click on Admin icon in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click on Inspection Forms in the left-hand side menu.
3. Click on +Create Inspection Form.
Note: if you do not see this screen refer to this article.
You can choose to create the inspection form for the Vehicle or Asset separately.
4. Choose whether you want to create an Inspection form for Vehicle or Asset. Enter the Form Name and choose whether you want to select from a ready-made template or blank template.
5. Click on Create.
|Note: You can also repeat the steps for creating an Inspection Form for Assets too.|
6. You can then set the preferences for the inspection form in the Inspection form Settings section. Select which fields your drivers are required to fill out, and what you want to allow your driver to edit.
Use following settings for :-
- Form name - Setting up the name of the form will help you identify it easily.
- Require drivers to review previous inspections before adding an inspection - When enabled, drivers will be required to review inspections with defects and are not yet reviewed. Drivers will have the option to review and acknowledge defects which are not yet corrected, or they can review and sign the inspections with defects corrected. In case the driver finds defects that are not correctly fixed, they can Reject the change of status which will require the mechanic to look at the defects.
|Note: If you can’t locate this feature, please reach out to Motive Support.|
- Require all parts to be inspected - Enabling this setting will require drivers to inspect all parts.
- Require photos for inspected parts - Depending on the option you choose, this setting will require drivers to provide photos for all inspected parts or for parts with defects.
- Require notes for inspected parts - Depending on the option you choose, this setting will require drivers to provide notes for all inspected parts or for parts with defects.
- Allow drivers to mark defects “Corrected” or “Need Not Be Corrected” - If you don’t want the Driver App to have an option for mechanic signature, you can disable this setting.
- Prompt drivers to do a trailer inspection after completing a vehicle inspection - This setting introduces a pop-up after the vehicle inspection that asks to continue with the trailer inspection.
|Note: The License Plate Number is added for Canadian Inspection Forms only.|
7. To create a new field, click on Add custom text field.
8. You can mark this new field as Required.
9. You can then add which vehicle parts you want your drivers to inspect by selecting Add vehicle part.
10. Check the box for if you require drivers to mark defects as Major and Minor.
11. Under the Driver Signature section, Enter the declaration for driver signature.
12. Click on Save.