Symptom: Can't Show Record of Duty Status Due to Vehicle Gateway Malfunction
- Drivers cannot accurately record or present their Record of Duty Status with the Vehicle Gateway.
- There can be multiple reasons.
- Identify the active Malfunction/Data Diagnostic event from the Vehicle Gateway and provide written notice of the malfunction to the motor carrier within 24 hours.
- Reconstruct the record of duty status (RODS) for the current 24-hour period and report the RODS on graph/grid paper logs.
- Use the Motive Vehicle Gateway to retrieve previous 7-days records. If that is not available, drivers must reconstruct the RODS on paper logs for the previous 7-day period.
As per the FMCSA guidelines in both the US and Canada, the motor carrier must take actions to fix the active malfunctions.
- In the U.S, the motor carrier must correct the malfunction within 8 days of discovery of the condition or a driver's notification to the motor carrier, whichever occurs first.
- In the U.S, if a motor carrier needs an extension, they must notify the FMCSA Division Administrator for the state of motor carriers' principal place of business within 5 days after a driver notifies the motor carrier according to the guidelines set forth in §395.34(2).
- In Canada, the motor carrier must repair or replace a Vehicle Gateway within a 14-days time period of becoming aware or being notified of the Vehicle Gateway malfunction or data diagnostic issue.
- If a driver's planned trip prevents them from returning to their home terminal within this 14-days period, the Vehicle Gateway must be repaired or replaced upon their return.
Note: If you cannot fix your problem immediately, contact us or chat with us. We'll issue a new device if we find that the current device has malfunctioned