|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Alerts|
Motive allows Fleet Admins to create an Asset Gateway Offline Alert to get notified when Asset Gateway goes offline due to tampering or depletion of battery.
Steps: Enabling Asset Gateway Offline Alert
1. Log into Fleet Dashboard and click on Admin icon in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click Alerts in the left menu to see the list of alerts enabled for you.
3. Click + Create Alert. The Create Alert page displays and allows you to specify the name and type of the alert.
4. Enter a custom Name for the alert in the Alert Details section.
5. From the Alert Type drop-down menu, select Asset Gateway Offline.
6. Once that is done, an additional section for Entities with All Assets appears. Click Select to choose the entities you want to apply the Alert to.
7. On the Assets screen, all entities will be selected by default. Choose the Groups/Entities you want the alert to create for.
8. Check the boxes to select the assets.
9. Click on Save Selection.
10. Under the Delivery section, click on Select to select Fleet users as Recipients of the alerts.
11. You can choose desired Fleet users by checking the boxes.
12. Once done, click on Save Selection.
Note: The alert can be only emailed to the recipients by default so you cannot select the delivery method for the alerts.
You can also select External Recipients for the alerts.
13. Click on Select.
14. Add Email Address of the external recipient you want to add.
15. You can choose multiple external recipients. Click on + to add more recipients to the list.
16. Once done, click on Update.
18. Click on Save to finish.
- How to create and manage alerts/notifications
- How to Set Real-Time Speeding Alerts on the Fleet Dashboard