|Audience||Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers|
|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Alerts|
Motive enables the Fleet Admins and Fleet Managers to create an Asset Gateway Offline Alert. It allows the Fleets to get notified when Asset Gateway goes offline due to tampering or depletion of the battery.
Steps: Enabling Asset Gateway Offline Alert
1. Log in to Fleet Dashboard and click the Admin icon in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click Alerts in the left menu to see the list of alerts enabled for you.
3. Click + Create Alert.
4. Enter a custom Name for the alert in the Alert section.
5. From the Type drop-down menu, select Asset Gateway Offline.
6. Click Select in the Assets field to add Assets.
7. On the Assets screen, the All entities check box is selected by default. Choose the Groups/Entities you want to create the alert for.
8. Check the boxes to select the assets.
9. Click Save.
10. Under the Delivery section, click Select to select Fleet users as Recipients of the alerts.
11. You can choose desired Fleet users by checking the boxes.
12. Once done, click Save.
|Note: The alert can be only emailed to the recipients by default so you can't select the delivery method for the alerts.|
You can also select External Recipients for the alerts.
13. Click External Recipients (Optional) in the Delivery section.
14. Add the Email or phone number of the external recipient to whom you want to send the alert.
15. You can add multiple external recipients. Click the cross symbol to delete any external recipient.
16. Click Save to finish.
- How to create and manage alerts/notifications
- How to Set Real-Time Speeding Alerts on the Fleet Dashboard