Skip to main content
Dashcam disconnects frequently
||Dashcam, Vehicle Gateway
Symptoms: Motive Dashcam disconnects frequently
- The Dashcam keeps on getting disconnected from the Vehicle Gateway.
If your Motive Dashcam keeps on getting disconnected, follow the steps listed below:
- Check the cable connection of both the Vehicle Gateway and the Dashcam.
- Turn off the engine and disconnect the Vehicle Gateway and Dashcam.
- Inspect the cable on both the ends and the diagnostic port of the vehicle.
- Inspect the camera cable and USB port of the Vehicle Gateway.
- Connect the Vehicle Gateway back to the vehicle and the dashcam to the Vehicle gateway.
- Ensure all connections are clean and tight.
- Start the engine and wait for the LED light to turn on the Motive Dashcam and observe the behavior (Should be solid red).
Share this with others
This article also appears under:
© 2013-2023 Motive Technologies, Inc.
Resources for Drivers and other users of the Motive Driver App.
Resources for users of the Motive Fleet Dashboard and Motive Fleet App.
Installers / Installation Guides
Resources on how to install all Motive hardware products, such as Vehicle Gateways and Cameras.
Reset password, add a vehicle, install vehicle gateway (ELD)