Skip to main content
What if the duty cycle does not change on the border?
|Drivers, Fleet Admins
|Driver App > Settings > Cycle Rules
- This can happen when drivers do not have a Vehicle Gateway installed or connected, or don’t have a primary/secondary cycle set up for the United States and Canada in the Driver App.
- Drivers must set their primary and secondary cycle on the Driver App for the device to detect a border crossing movement that has occurred to automatically switch their cycle rule.
- Drivers receive a confirmation prompt additionally asking them if they like to add a remark on logs to notate the border crossing movement.
|Note: Drivers must have a US cycle and a Canadian cycle set up appropriately for the cycle to switch.
- USA 70 hr / 8 days
- USA 60 hr / 7 days
- USA Short Haul
- Canada South 70 hr / 7 days
- Canada South 120 hr / 14 days
- Canada North 80 hr / 7 days
- Canada North 120 hr / 14 days
|Note: The driver’s cycle is only switched after a border crossing movement has been detected by the device and once the driver has stopped across the border.
Share this with others
This article also appears under:
© 2013-2023 Motive Technologies, Inc.
Resources for Drivers and other users of the Motive Driver App.
Resources for users of the Motive Fleet Dashboard and Motive Fleet App.
Installers / Installation Guides
Resources on how to install all Motive hardware products, such as Vehicle Gateways and Cameras.
Reset password, add a vehicle, install vehicle gateway (ELD)