Skip to main content
What if the duty cycle does not change on the border?
||Drivers, Fleet Admins
||Driver App > Settings > Cycle Rules
- This can happen when drivers do not have a Vehicle Gateway installed or connected, or don’t have a primary/secondary cycle set up for the United States and Canada in the Driver App.
- Drivers must set their primary and secondary cycle on the Driver App for the device to detect a border crossing movement that has occurred to automatically switch their cycle rule.
- Drivers receive a confirmation prompt additionally asking them if they like to add a remark on logs to notate the border crossing movement.
|Note: Drivers must have a US cycle and a Canadian cycle set up appropriately for the cycle to switch.
- USA 70 hr / 8 days
- USA 60 hr / 7 days
- USA Short Haul
- Canada South 70 hr / 7 days
- Canada South 120 hr / 14 days
- Canada North 80 hr / 7 days
- Canada North 120 hr / 14 days
|Note: The driver’s cycle is only switched after a border crossing movement has been detected by the device and once the driver has stopped across the border.
Share this with others
This article also appears under:
© 2013-2023 Motive Technologies, Inc.
Resources for Drivers and other users of the Motive Driver App.
Resources for users of the Motive Fleet Dashboard and Motive Fleet App.
Resources on how to install all Motive hardware products, such as Vehicle Gateways and Cameras.
Reset password, add a vehicle, install vehicle gateway (ELD)