|Audience||Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers|
|Applies To||Mobile Browser > Fleet Dashboard > Quick Actions|
Motive allows the Fleet Managers and Fleet Admins to add a driver to their company using a mobile phone browser. Drivers can then connect themselves to a Vehicle Gateway on their Motive Driver App and complete their inspection reports, upload documents including fuel receipts, and send messages to co-drivers.
Steps: Adding a Driver to your Company using a mobile phone browser
Add a Logs Required Driver
1. Log in to the Motive Fleet Dashboard.
2. Tap the three bars at the top left corner.
3. Tap Quick Actions.
4. Tap on Add a Driver.
5. Under the Account and Security section, fill in the required information. Enter your Driver’s Name, Driver ID, and Phone.
6. Select a license issuing state from the License drop-down and type a License Number in the field next to it.
|Note: License and Jurisdiction are required for ELD mode-enabled drivers in order to remain in compliance.|
7. Scroll down to enter an Email and Password for the Driver’s account or tap Generate Password to create one.
|Note: If your driver’s email address is already in use with Motive, see: How to add a driver who exists with another company|
8. Under the section Hours of Service Compliance, tap on Required.
9. Tap on Save.
Add a Logs Not Required Driver
Follow steps 1 to 8 from the section above.
1. Under the Hours of Service Compliance section, tap on Not Required.
2. Add the Exempt Reason.
3. In the General section, select the Home Terminal Time Zone from the drop-down.
4. In the Vehicle Assignment section, tap on +Assign Vehicle to assign a vehicle to your driver.
Doing so opens the Assign Vehicle dialog box with a list of vehicles.
5. Select the vehicle you want to assign.
6. Tap on Assign.
7. Tap on Save.