|Applies To||Driver App|
Symptom(s): ELD Malfunctions/ DD Codes
- Red, orange, or yellow dot displays in the diagnostics field in Driver App.
- Codes with numbers like Code 1, Code 2, Code 3, Code 4, Code 5 and Code 6 display in the diagnostic field.
- Codes with alphabets like Code P, Code E, Code L, Code T, Code R, Code S, and Code O display in the diagnostic field.
|Note: These codes can appear on the vehicle gateway or within the app, indicating a problem with either the vehicle or the app.|
Data Diagnostic (DD) Codes
1. Data Diagnostic codes (codes with numbers) represent the short-term issues– the minor issues that can come up on a Vehicle Gateway.
2. The causes for specific Data Diagnostic codes include:
- Code 1: Vehicle Gateway does not power up within 1 minute of the engine turning on.
- Code 2: Vehicle Gateway loses connection with the engine while idling for more than 60 seconds (CAN)/ > 5 seconds (US) on the following elements: GPS, VIN, date/time, engine hours.
- Code 3: Missing data elements in an ELD event (missing lat/lon, missing vehicle kilometers, missing engine hours data, etc)
- Code 4: Internal monitoring of the data transfer test fails and is unable to send the output file data
- Code 5: Unidentified drive time for more than 30 min for the vehicle over the last 24 hr period.
1. Malfunction codes (codes with alphabets) represent long-term issues. These issues are more significant issues that require attention.
2. The causes for specific Malfunction codes include:
- Code P: Vehicle Gateway is unplugged, and there is a driving time of more than 30 minutes over 24hr period across all driver profiles, including the unidentified driver profile.
- Code E: Vehicle Gateway loses connection for a cumulative for more than 30 minutes of missing data elements: GPS, VIN, date/time, engine hours.
- Code L: Vehicle Gateway cannot obtain a valid GPS position within 5 miles of the last valid position for more than 60 minutes of driving over 24-hour period.
- Code T: Vehicle Gateway’s time varies more than 10 minutes from UTC time.
- Code R: Vehicle Gateway’s storage space is exceeded and can no longer record new event data.
- Code S: Internal monitoring of the data transfer test fails and is unable to send the output file data
- Contact Support to resolve both ELD malfunctions or DD codes.
|Note: Short-term issues are usually resolved by the driver following the steps indicated in the code. For long-term issues, drivers may need to take their vehicle to a repair shop or contact a mechanic to resolve the issue. In some cases, the issue may be with the app, and the driver may need to update or reinstall it.|