|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Admin > Company|
Fleet Admins can set up a Geofence in the Motive Dashboard to alert Fleet Managers and External Recipients when a Driver enters or exits a specific area. Follow the steps below to know how do you create a geofence.
Steps: Creating a Geofence
3. Click on the Add Geofences button to create a new Geofence.
4. Enter the address in the field to find a particular location.
5. Once you have searched a location, a satellite image will appear with a blue box on it. Click and hold the box to drag it to the location you want to create the Geofence for.
6. You can choose from different shapes by clicking on the Polygon, Circle, and Drawing shape icons.
7. Add a name in the given Name field.
8. Select a Geofence category from the Category dropdown.
10. Add details like Address, Phone Number, Fax Number, Email Address, and any Notes you desire.
Note: The minimum radius of the Geofence is 0.0 kms and the maximum radius is 640 kms.
11. Click on the Save button to save the Geofence created.
Note: The user can create any number of overlapping Geofences. One Geofence can be partially overlapping with another Geofence or one Geofence can be fully within another Geofence.