|Audience||Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers|
|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Safety|
The Safety Hub is designed to help fleets identify risks and prevent accidents.
|Note: Safety Hub is available on Pro and Enterprise subscriptions.|
How Safety Hub Helps You
This feature helps fleets manage their entire safety program in one place and surface the right information needed to effectively coach drivers and modify behavior.
- DRIVE Score
- Safety Trends
- Risk Factors
- Driver Performance
- Coached vs. Uncoached
- Needs Review
Safety Hub Overview
- Log into the Motive Fleet Dashboard, click on Safety in the left-hand side menu.
- The Safety Overview page gives you a quick high level summary of your fleet's safety metrics to quickly understand the context of how your drivers are performing before taking action. You can view your fleet’s DRIVE Score, trends across Unsafe Behaviors, and view the Driver Leaderboard.
The DRIVE Score summary box shows your fleet’s most recent DRIVE score. This score is updated weekly on Mondays. To learn more about how the DRIVE score is calculated, view this article.
The Summary metrics bar, you have a high-level summary of safety and driving data for the time period chosen from the time toggle in the top right. Adjusting the time toggle for LAST WEEK, LAST 4 WEEKS, and LAST 12 WEEKS will update the Summary metrics as well as each card below (Safety Trends, Unsafe Behaviors, and Driver Performance). Summary metrics bar contains the following information:
Primary: Miles or km driven for the time period selected
Secondary: Hours driven for the time period selected
Primary: Count of drivers who drove for the time period selected
Secondary: % of active drivers that were deemed coachable for the time period selected
Primary: Count of safety events generated for the time period selected
Secondary: Count of behavior occurrences generated for the time period selected (for example: 1 event can have 2 behaviors (cell phone and close following), which would equate to 2 unsafe behaviors)
Primary: Percentage of drive time spent speeding over the posted speed limit based on the speeding thresholds set by the fleet for the time period selected
Secondary: Total time spent speeding over the posted speed limit based on the speeding thresholds set by the fleet for the time period selected
Primary: Count of collisions detected for the time period selected
Secondary: Count of near collisions detected for the time period selected
- DRIVE SCORE: Understand how your fleet’s score has trended over a 12 week period and compare your fleet against the Motive network average.
- Unsafe Behaviors: Understand fleet performance across each unsafe behavior category for the last 12 weeks.
- Hover over any 1 week to see the distance and count breakdown by week
- To review individual behavior trends, choose up to 4 from the selector
- Speeding: Understand the % of drive time spent speeding over the posted speed limit across the last 12 weeks.
- Displays your most common unsafe behaviors based on the percentage of drivers exhibiting the behavior for the time period.
- Click any row to be taken to the event review process for that behavior
- You can also understand your “on road” exposure for each behavior by reviewing the count of events per 1k miles driven for the time period.
- To view a breakdown by the behavior category, choose the behavior category from the drop down menu.
The Driver Performance card gives you a quick view into your bottom-performing drivers to coach, and top-performing drivers to reward based on the DRIVE score.
Coached vs. Uncoached
The Coached vs. Uncoached section has two parts; Drivers and Events.
Coached Drivers Funnel
- In the Drivers section you can view the total number of COACHABLE DRIVERS for the time period indicated. The card also helps you understand how many drivers were Coached or Uncoached.
- Coachable Drivers = the count of unique drivers with at least one unsafe behavior generated within the time period in the coachable or coached status.
- Coached Drivers = the count of unique drivers with at least one unsafe behavior generated within the time period in the coached status
- Uncoached = Coachable drivers - coached drivers
Safety Events Funnel
The Events section helps you review your coaching funnel to understand if actions were taken to correct risky behavior.
- Total Events = count of braking, accelerating, or cornering safety events created by the fleet/group for the time period selected
- Reviewed = count of braking, accelerating, or cornering safety events created for the time period that have moved out of the pending review status
- Coachable = count of braking, accelerating, or cornering safety events created for the time period that are either in coachable or coached status
- Coached = count of braking, accelerating, or cornering safety events created for the time period that are in the coached status
This section gives you quick access into the coaching workflow. The count displayed is the count of drivers within the fleet/group that are currently eligible for coaching. Click this to be taken into the coaching workflow.
This section gives you quick access into the safety event review process.
- Events: The count of safety events generated from the previous day and not yet moved out of pending review status.
- Coachable Events: The count of events generated from the previous day and in Coachable status.
- Recent Speeding: The count of speeding events generated from the previous day.
- Camera Issues: The count of events with camera issues.
In the Notifications section, you can view the count of dashcam updates and requested videos from the previous 24 hours.
- Dashcam updates: The count of new camera installs or disconnects from the previous 24 hours. Navigate to the ‘Dashcams’ section of the Safety Hub to dive into the health status of all dashcams.
- View Requested Videos: The count of requested videos available or pending from requests made in the previous 24 hours. Navigate to the ‘Requests’ section of the Safety Hub to view all requests.
This takes you directly into the coaching workspace.
1. It displays Driver/ Group of drivers, DRIVE Score, 12 Wk Change, Coachable Behaviors, and Assigned Coaches for respective drivers, Date and the Actions that Fleet Manager has to perform.
2. If you see a coach assigned to the driver or group of drivers, either the driver is not a part of the group or he is part of the group but doesn't have any Assigned Coach. Hover over no assigned coach and know what action you need to take.
Learn more on how to add drivers to groups and assign coaching permissions to the users.
This takes you directly into a high-level view of driver performance across each of the 4 behavior categories for a given time period. Learn how to view driver safety performance.
This takes you directly into the individual safety event review workflow. Learn how to view a safety event.
- Events tab displays the list of all the events with DATE/TIME, SEVERITY, type of UNSAFE BEHAVIOR, DRIVER/VEHICLE associated with the event, and the LOCATION of driver/vehicle at the time event was recorded.
- You can filter the list for the date, the severity of the event, drivers/vehicles, events, coaching statuses, and the events with videos from the filter.
This takes you directly into the individual speeding event review workflow. Learn how to monitor fleet’s speeding behavior.
This takes directly into the DRIVE Insights deep dive. Learn how to understand drivers’ DRIVE score.
- What are unsafe behaviors
- What is the DRIVE risk score
- How to know which drivers need coaching
- How to view driver safety performance
- How to view a safety event
- How to monitor your fleets Speeding Behavior
- How to understand your DRIVE score
- How to view status of your AI Dashcam