|Audience||Installers, Fleet Managers|
|Applies To||Vehicle Gateway|
IntroductionA Vehicle Gateway must be assigned and installed in the vehicle before it can be used by the drivers. Only Fleet Admins can assign the Vehicle Gateways. To learn how to do this, follow the step-by-step guide below.
Installation Requirements: Vehicle Gateway
What comes in the box?
- Cable (assigned for your vehicle)
1. Before starting completely turn off your vehicle and engage the parking brake for safety.
2. You should have received the correct cable for your vehicle. We offer all the cables listed below.
3. Confirm the location of your vehicle’s diagnostic port. Refer to your vehicle’s manual for guidance.
4. Connect the diagnostic end of the provided cable to the vehicle’s diagnostic port. The red dots indicate the possible locations of the diagnostic port on your vehicle.
5. Attach the 15-pin connector to the Vehicle Gateway and secure it using thumbscrews.
8. Once the Vehicle Gateway is connected, the LED lights turn on and turn red. If the lights don’t immediately turn on, switch ON the vehicle ignition and the lights should illuminate. When the Vehicle Gateway has acquired a cellular/GPS signal, the left LED will turn green.
If you want this guide in a PDF, click here to download it.