|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Admin > Company|
The Fleet Dashboard enables Fleet Admins to configure email alert notifications to catch speeding incidents as soon as they happen. These email notifications go straight to the Fleet Manager in real time, allowing them to take corrective action on the spot and tell their Drivers to slow down.
Fleet Managers can choose to either have an alert when
- Vehicle speed reaches mentioned units above the posted limit
- Vehicle speed increases above the specified speed
|Note: Motive generates a speeding event when the vehicle has driven 10 mph over the posted speed limit for more than 10 minutes. A distraction event is generated when the driver looks down for at least 15 seconds above 10mph.|
Steps: Setting Real-Time Speeding Alerts on the Fleet Dashboard
1. Log in to the Motive Fleet Dashboard and click the Admin icon in the left-hand menu.
2. Click on Alerts in the left-hand side menu.
3. Click on the + Create Alert button.
4. Enter a custom Name for the Alert in the field.
5. From the Alert Type dropdown menu, select Speeding.
6. Click on the Select button to select the groups you want the alert for.
7. Click on the checkbox of the group you want to include.
8. Click on the checkbox of All Entities if you want the alert to be triggered for all groups.
9. Click on the Save Selection button once done.
10. Click on the radio button of the Posted limit if you want the alert to be triggered when a Driver goes above the posted limit.
11. Enter the values for Speed over posted, Duration, and Frequency.
12. Click on the radio button of the Custom threshold if you want the alert to be triggered when a Driver goes above a custom limit.
13. Enter the values for Speed, Duration, and Frequency.
14. Click on the Select button for Fleet Managers to select the managers who would receive the alert.
15. Select the users of your choice by clicking on checkboxes next to their names.
16. Click on the Save Selection button when done.
17. Click on Save when done.
- How to Set Real-Time Speeding Alerts on the Fleet Dashboard
- How to enable Low Battery Alert for Asset Gateway