|Fleet Dashboard > Admin > Assets
Fleet Managers can track assets even in locations where there is no access to a cable or solar power by enabling the unpowered mode. This feature is applicable to all assets that have an Asset Gateway installed.
To use the asset in this mode, it is recommended to enable a low battery alert to ensure you get a notification whenever it is time to charge it again.
Note: Enabling this mode for an asset will delay Geofence-related alerts. Utilization reports will also become unavailable.
Steps: Enabling Unpowered Mode for Asset Gateways
1. Log into the Fleet Dashboard and click on Admin in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click the Organization dropdown menu and select Assets from the list.
3. To enable the unpowered mode for an asset, click on the Options dropdown menu. Select Edit Asset.
4. On the asset profile, scroll down to the Power Settings field until you see the Unpowered Mode toggle switch. The switch is set to off, by default.
Note: To get the maximum out of your asset’s battery life, it is recommended to fully charge the Asset Gateway to 100% before enabling the Unpowered Mode.
5. Click on the Unpowered Mode toggle to turn it on. Doing so displays the Location update frequency.
6. Here, you can choose to update your asset gateway’s location history after Every 18 hours, or after Every 12 hours.
Note: Selecting Every 18 hours gives the asset gateway a longer battery life, while selecting Every 12 hours drains it faster.