|Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers
If you believe it is going to take you more than 8 days to correct the device malfunction, you need to submit a request for extension to ELD-Extension@dot.gov within 5 days of being notified or discovering the malfunction.
The extension request must include the following information:
- The legal name, principal place of business address and USDOT number of the motor carrier
- The name, address, and telephone number of the motor carrier representative who files the request.
- The make, model, and serial number of each ELD/Vehicle Gateway.
- The date and location of each Vehicle Gateway/ELD malfunction as reported by the driver to the carrier; and.
- A concise statement describing actions taken by the motor carrier to make a good faith effort to repair, replace, or service the ELD units, including why the carrier needs additional time beyond the 8 days provided by 49 CFR part 395.34.
- What is a Vehicle Gateway/ELD Malfunction?
- Can't Show Record of Duty Status Due to ELD Malfunction
- What do I do if my Vehicle Gateway/ELD malfunctions?