|Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers, Drivers
|Autotap Kit (ACC-VG-002)
The Autotap Kit is a cable system that allows Motive Vehicle Gateway to communicate with older/OEM-specific OBD-II vehicle networks and typically applies to light-duty vehicles that are 2007 or older.
What comes in the box?
- Cable 3070
- Cable 3071
- The Autotap Box
Steps: Installing the Autotap kit (ACC-VG-002)
1. Plug the male 9-pin connector into the female 9-pin port located on the Autotap.
2. Insert the male 15-pin connector located on the Motive Vehicle Gateway into the 15-pin female end
of the cable.
3. Now, to connect the Vehicle Gateway and Autotap to the vehicle, insert the male 15-pin connector into the opposite side of the Autotap.
4. In the vehicle, verify that the engine is off. Then, plug the male OBD-II 16-pin connector into the vehicle’s diagnostic port.
5. Start the vehicle and let it run. After approximately 2 minutes, the right-side indicator starts flashing red to indicate a successful connection with the vehicle.
6. If the engine is running and the right-side indicator is flashing red, the installation is complete and you may turn off the engine. If the right-side indicator remains solid red (not flashing), recheck the connections, and if necessary, please get in touch with Motive support.