|Audience||Canadian Fleet Managers, Fleet Admins|
|Applies To||Fleet App > Devices|
Applies To: Compliance, IFTA, odometer readings, drivers, vehicles
Symptoms: Canadian Mandate for Odometer Mismatch
Odometer readings for Canadian Mandate are not matching
The difference in odometer readings on the Fleet Dashboard and Vehicle Gateway provided.
The Canadian regulations mirror FMCSA Regulations which require that the odometer readings come from the engine’s ECM.
- Check that the ELD is linked correctly to the vehicle’s engine's ECM. The vehicle distance information can be acquired from the engine's ECM as specified in provision 4.2 of this Standard:
- The ELD must monitor the engine's ECM’s odometer message broadcast and use it to record total vehicle distance information; and
- The ELD must use the odometer message to determine accumulated vehicle distance since the engine’s last power on the instance.
- How to add multiple vehicles & odometer entries
- How to view Vehicle Details Report - Odometer and Engine Hours for all your Vehicles