|Applies To||Driver App|
Symptoms: Driver App is Stuck in Drive Mode
- The Driver App duty status is stuck in driver mode.
Why does my app show I'm driving when I'm not
Check the Application Version and OS Requirements
1. The application has to be the latest version for it to work smoothly. Open the app and check for its version.
2. Motive recommends certain OS for flawless working of the app. Check if the OS of your mobile device is is as per what Motive recommends.
Reboot your Phone
1. Press the power button of your phone for a few seconds until reboot option appears.
2. Click on the Reboot or Restart button
Unpair Mobile Device
1. Tap on the Settings icon from the home screen.
2. Now tap on Device connectivity.
Note: The instructions might vary depending on the model of the mobile device.
3. Tap on your Motive ID.
4. Tap on the Unpair button to unpair the Bluetooth device.
5. Turn off the device’s Bluetooth by tapping on the toggle button.
6. Go to the main screen of your phone or tablet and tap on the Motive Driver App.
7. This gives you the option to force exit the driving lock screen, and tap on Exit Driving Mode.
8. Tap on Yes to exit the Driver App which would un-identify the actual trip.
Please follow the below instructions if rebooting does not resolve the issue:
1. Tap on the Settings icon on the phone/tablet.
2. Unpair the Motive ID from the Bluetooth settings of your phone/tablet.
3. Turn off the Bluetooth on your device
4. Close all the running applications on the phone/tablet (Including the Motive Driver App)
5. Go to the main screen of the phone/tablet and open the Motive App
6. This will give you the option to force exit the driving lock screen and would un-identify the actual driving event.
Note: Learn about Resolving Unidentified Trips from the Driver App.
- My Driver App duty status is stuck in drive mode on iOS
- How to change duty status on Driver App
- How to edit a Past Duty Status