Motive's team feature allows multiple drivers (up to 9 co-drivers) to be logged into the Motive Driver App simultaneously using a shared handheld device. Co-drivers can also view their available Hours of Service, logs, vehicle inspections, and documents.
How does Co-drivers Help You
Co-driving (team driving) helps driver manage their hours of service, logs, vehicle inspections, and documents.
Note: This feature is available on the driver application Version 44 (and above) on Android and iOS. Drivers will need to update their app accordingly in order to use this new functionality. This feature is available to US companies with appropriate cycles.
1. Once you have added a co-driver using the Motive Driver App, tap on the menu and tap on Settings.
2. Tap on Co-Drivers.
|Note: Read more on how to Add a Co-Driver.
This displays a list of drivers added as co-drivers with you.
3. On the Co-Drivers screen, tap on the vertical ellipses or the 3 dots icon next to the name of the co-driver of your choice.
4. A popup displays with the following three options:
- Make current driver: Tapping on this switches the selected co-driver to become the current driver.
- View account: Tapping on this allows you to view the overview, logs, inspections, and documents of the selected co-driver.
- Remove: This logs the co-driver 9team driver) out of the Motive Driver App and removes them from the co-driver list.
5. Tap on View Account; this redirects you to the co-driver’s screen.
5. On the Overview screen, co-drivers can view and/or change their current duty status along with their current hours of service information.
6. On the Logs screen, co-drivers can view and sign their logs.
Note: Co-drivers cannot make log edits on this screen; if edits are required, they will need to switch to the current driver to edit their logs from the Motive Driver App.
7. On the Inspection Reports screen, co-drivers can view their inspection reports.
Account & Security
8. Co-drivers can edit their account settings on the Account & Security screen.
- How to add Co-driver for Team driving in Driver App
- How to switch co-drivers in Driver App
- How to set up unique Driver ID