|Fleet Dashboard > Compliance
Motive makes it easy to correct a driver’s logs by editing or inserting manual drive time. Our Fleet Users and drivers both have the option to edit manual drive time. However, this feature is only available in case of Vehicle Gateway malfunction or if the driver is not required to maintain driving logs.
Steps: Editing or inserting manual drive time to driver's logs
1. Log into the Motive Fleet Dashboard and click on Compliance on the left-hand side menu.
This displays the Compliance hub with the Overview tab opened by default.
2. Switch to the Logs tab to view a list of all the driving logs.
3. Select the log you want to edit.
4. The logs detail page displays. Now, click on the Edit Log button.
- To edit an existing duty status, select the event and click Edit on the right-hand side of the log.
Note: Fleet Users can edit or insert manually added events, but cannot place manually added trips adjacent to, or overlap, the Vehicle Gateway recorded events.
5. To add manual drive time, click on the Insert Duty Status button under the log graph.
Note: Fleet Admins will be able to freely edit or insert manually added trips, but cannot place manually added trips adjacent to, or overlap, Vehicle Gateway recorded trips.
6. To change the time period for a duty status, click on the Start Time or End Time field or drag the sliders.
Note: Fleet Admins will not be able to edit start and end times for Vehicle Gateway recorded trips.
7. To add manual drive time, click on Driving.
8. Enter Location and Notes.
9. Click on Confirm to save the changes.
10. Once you confirm, your logs will reflect the changes. Click on Save to finish.
Note: Vehicle Gateway trips will be highlighted with a green line, manually entered trips including manual driving will show as the regular grey line.
11. Your edits will be sent to the driver for approval.
A driver can learn how to approve or reject these changes in driving logs by reading this step-by-step guide.