|Audience||Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers|
|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Company|
Motive's Driver Identification Settings, powered by advanced AI technology, address the difficulties Fleet Admins and Fleet Managers encounter when identifying drivers who either forget to log in to their Driver App or to verify their identity accurately. This solution simplifies determining the unknown driver, assigning their data to the corresponding trip, and ensuring safety and compliance.
Fleet Admins can enable and manage Driver Identification Settings from the Company settings of their Fleet Dashboard.
|Note: This feature is available for Enterprise & Pro subscription package customers.|
Steps: Enabling Driver Identification Settings
1. Log in to the Fleet Dashboard and click the Admin icon in the bottom-left corner of the menu.
2. Click on Company in the left-hand side menu.
3. Click on Edit Company Information.
4. Under the Dashcam Settings section, go to the Driver Identification Settings and select the desired AI identification method to Identify Drivers.
Depending on hardware and fleet profile, you can use both options together. Available configuration options include:
- None (disabled)
- Driver App Data (formerly Smart Trip Match) (Default)
- Face Match (formerly Driver Match)
- Driver App Data and Face Match
Note: Enabling Face Match AI requires that you know that all necessary consents from vehicle operators are captured before enabling the feature if applicable law requires.
Face Match does not function for vehicles that operate in the State of Illinois. Read the consent form carefully and hit the Confirm button to confirm the use of Face Match.
5. Once you select an AI identification method, you can choose if you want Motive to assign drivers to trips using any of the following automatically:
- None (Default): Drivers are identified but not automatically assigned
- Driver app data: Drivers are automatically assigned to trips when identified using only Driver App data
- Face Match: Drivers are automatically assigned to trips when identified using only Face Match.
- Driver App data and Face Match: Drivers are automatically assigned to trips when identified using historical Driver App data or Face Match (facial recognition)
6. Click Save to confirm the changes.