|Fleet Dashboard > Admin
- Custom roles and permissions allow the fleet admins to manage, access, and improve the security of their fleet’s data.
- These features allow the admins to easily assign users one of our pre-built roles or create a custom role for them.
- They can also limit roles to specific groups in order to ensure work is delegated to the right people.
Steps: Managing user Roles and Groups
Assign roles and groups to a user
1. Log into the Motive Fleet Dashboard, click on the Admin icon in the left-hand side menu.
This displays the Drivers page.
2. Click on Fleet Users from the Ogranization dropdown in the left-hand side menu.
3. Under the Roles/Groups column, the existing roles for all the users in your fleet display.
4. To change or edit a user’s roles, click on Options. Now, click on Edit Roles & Groups in the dropdown menu.
5. This opens a dialog box where you can set a Role for the user in the primary field and a Group in the secondary field.
6. By clicking on the + (plus) icon, a new dialog box appears, allowing you to assign multiple roles and groups to the same user.
7. You can add multiple roles and groups by clicking on the + (plus) icon. Once done, click on Update to save the changes.
Note: You can also click on the - (minus) icon to remove a role that you just added for the user.
Manage user roles
Through managing user roles you can view, duplicate, or deactivate user roles created for your fleet.
1. Repeat step 1 and 2 from the section above.
2. From the Fleet Users screen, click on the Roles & Permissions tab. The page displays the default and custom roles. In the Roles/Status column, you can see a filtered list of users who are already assigned to that role.
3. To duplicate a role, click on Options for the role you want to duplicate and click Duplicate.
4. A duplicate role is created of the selected role with the same set of permissions. You can set a new name for the duplicate role and adjust the level of access they have to your fleet data by checking or unchecking the boxes.
Note: A duplicate role with the same name cannot be created. A new name always needs to be assigned to the duplicate role.
5. You can also deactivate a custom role at any point. Click on the Options dropdown for the role you want to deactivate and select Deactivate.