|Applies To||Smart Dashcam, Driver App|
The Motive Smart Dashcam works alongside the Motive Vehicle Gateway to instantly record video footage when critical events occur such as hard braking, hard cornering or rapid acceleration.
If you want to know how to install a dash camera or if there is any confusion regarding your dashcam model, read this article.
|Note: Before you install your Smart Dashcam, make sure your vehicle gateway is properly installed. Your vehicle's engine needs to be running as well.|
Steps : Installing Motive Smart Dashcam
1. Clean the mounting location with the provided alcohol swab.
|Note: The ideal mounting location is the top center of the windshield or to the side of the rearview mirror (where it won’t obscure the driver’s view).|
2. Peel the backing off the adhesive strip on the back of the dash cam and orient the dash cam so that the road-facing camera is on the bottom.
3. Press and hold the dash camera against the windshield for 15 seconds to ensure a strong connection.
DC-33: Road-facing dashcam
DC-34: Road and driver-facing dashcam
4. Wrap the USB cable around the edge of your windshield using the provided wire clips.
5. Clean the side of the Vehicle Gateway with the alcohol swab to ensure proper adhesion to the USB Holder.
6. Peel the backing off the adhesive strip from the USB connector on the Smart Dashcam.
7. Connect the USB cable to the Vehicle Gateway and hold it for 10 seconds to ensure proper adhesion.
|Note: Use the adhesive strips on the bottom of the Vehicle Gateway to mount it and ensure it doesn’t move. Zip ties can also be used.|
|If a driver and vehicle profile already exists, you are ready to test the Smart Dashcam.|
10. Adjust the dashcam so the camera has an unobstructed view of the road (and if you have a dual-facing model, an unobstructed view of the driver as well). If needed, you can use a coin to adjust the camera lenses accordingly by rotating the side screws. For the best view, Motive recommends horizontally aligned screws.
Note: The camera has an LED indicator on it, which shows the current status of the dashcam:
- Troubleshooting Guide - Smart Dashcam Not Powering Up
- What is the Smart Dashcam
- Are dashcams a Vehicle Safety Technology?