|Fleet Dashboard > Admin > Company
Fleet Admins can manage, access, and improve the security of their fleet’s data with custom roles and permissions. They can either use pre-built roles or create new user roles, and specify the level of access they have to a fleet’s data.
Steps: Creating custom user Roles and assigning permissions
Create custom user Roles
1. Log into the Motive Fleet Dashboard and click on the Admin icon in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click on Fleet Users from the Organization dropdown in the left-hand side menu. It displays a page with the names of all registered users and their roles in your fleet.
3. Click on the + Add User button to create a custom user role.
4. Fill in the required Name and Email fields.
5. Enter password in the Password section manually or you can click on Generate Password to get the automated password for the user account.
6. At the end, in the Role section, select the roles that you want to assign to the fleet user from the drop-down.
Note: You can choose the groups you want to assign the role by checking or unchecking the boxes. You can also click on + to add more roles for the same user.
7. Click on Add to save the custom role.
1. Click on Fleet Users to view the fleet users screen.
2. Click on Roles & Permission.
3. Click on +Create Role.
4. Type the role you want to create in the Name of Role dialog box.
5. Choose the permissions you want to assign to the role you’ve created by checking the boxes. Leave the boxes unchecked for the permissions you do not want to assign to the role.
6. Click on Create to save changes.
Note: You can always make changes to the permissions/level of access the new roles have to your fleet data by checking or unchecking the boxes in the future.