|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Documents|
Fleet Users can easily upload documents from the Fleet Dashboard, share documents directly with drivers, and allow drivers to upload multiple images per document from their Driver App.
Fleet Managers can create custom form types, edit the field names as per requirements, mark different items as required, add/remove categories, and arrange them however they want.
Note: Only Fleets subscribed to Motive’s enterprise package are able to customize document types (templates).
Steps: Creating a new document template
Follow the instructions below to learn how to create a document template
1. Log into the Motive Fleet Dashboard and click on Documents in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click on New Template.
3. Click on Create New to build a template from scratch or choose an existing template to work from its current form.
This displays a new page where you can customize your document.
On this page, you can organize how you want the document to look and add custom fields to meet your requirements.
4. To add a new field, simply drag and drop an element to the center of the page to start using it. Then you can adjust the title, subtitle, and any preferences for that element.
5. The date section allows you to set Document Date apart from the other Dates & Times. By establishing this as the Document date (e.g. the date a Bill of Lading was received), Fleet Users will later be able to filter documents by this key date.
6. When done, click on Save in the top right corner.
- What is Document Management
- How to upload and send a document from the Driver App
- View and Download the Driver’s Documents