|Audience||Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers|
|Applies To||Motive Cards|
Enabling/disabling Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature at the fleet level enables/disables the feature for all cardholders in the fleet. If Mobile-Based Card Unlock is enabled, all cards in the fleet get locked by default. Cardholders can then unlock their Motive Card before a transaction using the following 2 options:
- Card unlock using the Motive Driver App: Cardholders can log in to the Motive Driver App, tap on the left navigation menu, and select Motive Card. If mobile based unlock is enabled, they see a banner at the top to unlock the card if they would like to transact. Tapping on the banner unlocks the card for the next 30 minutes.
- Card unlock using text SMS: Cardholders can send the unlock pin (last four digits of their Motive Card) via SMS to Motive at (408) 645-7882 before they swipe the card for usage.
Once the Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature is enabled at the fleet level, it can be disabled for individual cardholders, if required.
Steps: Enabling/disabling Mobile-based Card Unlock feature for Motive Cards and updating mobile numbers
- Updating a mobile number for individual cardholder
- Enabling Mobile-based Card Unlock feature for individual cardholder
- Disabling Mobile-based Card Unlock feature for individual cardholder
Updating a mobile number for a cardholder
1. Log in to Fleet Dashboard and click Admin icon in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click Cards and open the Card Management tab.
Note: Cardholders can appear with different Security indicators:
3. Hover over the yellow indicator and click on the link to directly add the mobile number.
4. Add the mobile number of the cardholder and click Save.
5. To update the contact number for any driver, click on the three dots and choose Edit security settings.
6. Update the contact number of the cardholder and click Save.
Enabling Mobile-based Card Unlock for individual cardholder
1. Log in to Fleet Dashboard and click on Admin icon.
2. Click Cards from the left hand-side menu.
3. Click Card Management.
4. Click on three dots under the Actions column for the relevant user and choose Edit security settings.
5. Enable Mobile-Based Unlock from the dropdown.
6. Click Save.
Disabling Mobile-based Card Unlock for Individual cardholder
1. To disable Mobile-based Card Unlock feature for individual cardholders, follow steps 1 to 4 as mentioned above under Enabling Mobile-based Card Unlock feature for individual cardholder.
2. Disable Mobile-Based Unlock from the dropdown.
3. Click Save.
- How to enable/disable Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature for Motive Cards at the Fleet level
- What is the Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature for Motive Cards?