|Audience||Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers|
|Applies To||Asset Gateway|
- This feature allows the nearby assets to automatically get paired with the vehicles.
- This feature enables the Fleet Admins to speculate which vehicle is attached to which Asset at one place under Fleet View.
|Note: When an asset starts moving, the Asset Gateway service looks at the location, speed, and direction of the company’s every vehicle.|
Pre-requisites for automatic Asset/Vehicle pairing
For a successful pairing, ensure your Asset/Vehicle fulfills the following criteria:
- The vehicle should be located within 2 miles of the asset.
- The vehicle should be moving at 5 mph or more.
- The vehicle and asset should travel in the same direction plus/minus 45 degrees.
- Asset Gateway Mini must be cable-powered.
- If there’s only 1 matched vehicle then it's used as a paired vehicle for an asset.
- If an asset stops then the current matched vehicle (if any) is unassigned from the asset.
- If no matched vehicles are found or there is more than 1 match, then the pairing logic is repeated when the next Asset Gateway ping is received, usually within the next 1 to 5 minutes.
- Installation Guide: Asset Gateway
- Asset Gateway Cable-4020 Installation
- How to install Asset Gateway for Environmental Sensors
- Installation Guide: Asset Gateway for construction and heavy equipment