|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Admin > Cards|
A Fleet Admin can enable odometer reading capture before each transaction at the fleet level through the Fleet Dashboard. Enabling this setting will make it compulsory to capture odometer readings before a transaction is made.
Steps: Enabling odometer reading before each transaction
- Giving Permissions to Admins to enable Odometer Reading capture
- Enabling odometer reading before each transaction
Giving Permissions to Admins to enable Odometer Reading capture
1. Log in to the Fleet Dashboard and click the Admin icon at the bottom left corner.
2. Click Fleet Users in the left-hand side menu.
3. Click the Roles and Permissions tab.
4. Click Options in the Actions column on your required Fleet User.
5. Click Edit from the dropdown menu.
6. The Edit Role screen displays. Scroll down to the Cards section and click the checkbox of Card Management and Manage Configuration.
7. Click Save at the top right corner.
The selected Fleet User can now enable odometer reading capture for desired Drivers.
Enabling odometer reading capture before each transaction
1. Log in to Fleet Dashboard and click Admin.
2. Click Cards under PRODUCTS dropdown on the left-hand side.
3. Click Edit for Transaction Metadata.
4. Check the checkbox for Require odometer reading before every transaction.
5. Further, click on the checkbox Driver must manually enter an odometer reading, even if they are connected to a Vehicle Gateway, if you want to ignore the reading from the Vehicle Gateway and want your drivers to enter odometer readings manually.
6. Hit Save.
|Note: This odometer reading has been enabled only for cardholders who either have a contact number available in their profile or have Motive Driver App version >=69.0 installed on their mobile device. The cardholders for whom this feature is not enabled can continue to use the Motive Card as earlier.|
|Note: If this feature is enabled, cardholders must log in to the Driver App and provide an odometer reading or use SMS to provide this information before making a Motive Card transaction; otherwise, the transaction gets immediately declined.|
Once the odometer reading has been mandated, Drivers receive an SMS and a push notification to provide the odometer reading via the Motive Driver App or SMS before using the Motive Card.
- How to Disable/Delete a Single-select or Free Text Input Custom Field
- How to enable a custom metadata field input for Motive Cards