|Fleet Dashboard > Admin
Fleets can add a Driver to the company using the Motive Fleet Dashboard to connect them to a Vehicle Gateway on the Driver App. This enables the Drivers to complete their inspection reports, send messages, and upload documents such as fuel receipts.
Steps: Adding a Driver
Add a Logs Required Driver
3. To create a Driver profile, click +Add Driver in the top-right corner.
4. Under the Account and Security section, enter the required information including the Name, Driver ID, and Phone.
5. Select the License Issuing State from the License drop-down menu. Then, enter the License number in the field next to it.
|Note: License and Jurisdiction are required for ELD mode-enabled Drivers to remain compliant.
6. Next, enter the Email, Username and Password. Type the password of your choice or click Generate Password.
|Note: If your Driver’s email address is already in use with Motive, refer to How to add a driver who exists with another company?
7. Select the Required tab under the Hours of Service Compliance section.
|Note: If your Driver does not require logs, follow this article.
8. Select between the ELD and Electronic Logbook.
|Note: If Electronic Logbook is selected, add the explanation for this configuration in the Exempt Reason field.
10. Choose the option for Odometer from the Miles and Kilometers tab.
|Note: If Electronic Logbook is chosen as the Compliance Mode, select Log Increment Time from the drop-down menu as an additional setting after step 9.
11. In the Special Duty Statuses section, decide whether to enable options such as yard move, personal conveyance, or manual driver time for the driver.
|Note: The Special Duty Statuses section does not appear in case the Electronic Logbook is selected as the Compliance Mode.
12. Enter the Driver’s carrier information.
13. Enter the Driver’s cycle settings.
14. Once you have selected all the Driver settings, click Save in the upper right corner to add your Driver.
Add a Logs Not Required Driver
1. Follow steps 1 to 6 from the section above.
2. Select the Not Required tab under the Hours of Service Compliance section.
3. Add the Exempt Reason.
4. Under the General section, choose a Home Terminal Time Zone from the drop-down menu.
5. Select the Odometer option from the Miles and Kilometers tab.
6. Under the Vehicle Assignment section, click +Assign Vehicle to assign a vehicle to the Driver.
7. Search or select the required vehicle from the list of provided vehicles.
8. Once you have selected the vehicle, click Assign.
9. Once you have selected all the Driver settings, click Save in the upper right corner.