Some commercial driver licenses (CDL) fall under the short-haul exemption for the following reasons
- Drivers who operate within 150 air miles
- Do not drive through any state that requires a CDL for the type of vehicle being driven
- Report back to the same work location every day
These drivers report to work and either transport their loads to a specific location or complete a daily delivery. They then return their truck and go home.
You may visit THIS article by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration below to get a detailed insight on Who Is Exempt From The ELD Mandate.
- Visit Gomotive.com
- Click login to the top right Fleet Dashboard
- Click on the Human Icon at the bottom left.
- Click Add Driver in the top-right corner
- In the account and Security section, fill in the driver's required information.
- Under the Hours of Service Compliance section, click on the Not Required option and add the Exempt Reason.
You can also assign a particular vehicle to the driver by clicking on Assign Vehicle.