|Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers, Drivers
The Vehicle ID Reporting feature enables Fleets to assign a Vehicle ID for each Motive Card transaction. This feature is applicable only to cards assigned to drivers, not cards assigned to vehicles.
How Vehicle ID Reporting Helps You
- It helps Fleets to better track vehicle expenses including fuel and maintenance costs.
- It helps Fleet Managers and Fleet Admins to easily calculate the total cost of ownership of vehicles in their Fleet.
Vehicle ID Reporting Overview
- Once Vehicle ID reporting is enabled on the Fleet Dashboard, cardholders are required to select a vehicle from the Card Hub in the Motive Driver App or provide the vehicle information using SMS before using the card for a transaction.
- If the Driver is connected to the Vehicle Gateway through the Driver App, then selecting a vehicle in the Driver App is not required because it is auto-detected and auto-assigned to the transaction. However, Admins can still make it compulsory for Drivers to add Vehicle ID even if they are connected to a Vehicle Gateway.
- Fleet Admins can also choose to accept any Vehicle ID provided by the Driver via SMS without any verification.
|Note: Once this feature is enabled on Fleet Dashboard, if the Driver does not select a vehicle from the Motive Driver App and is also not connected to the Vehicle Gateway before a transaction, the transaction would get declined immediately.
|Note: This feature is only enabled for Drivers having Driver App version 63.0 or higher, or if their mobile number is available in the system.
- How to enable and disable Vehicle ID Reporting for the Motive Card
- How to select a vehicle from the Driver App for Vehicle ID Reporting