|Fleet Managers, Fleet Admins
|AI Dashcam, Fleet Dashboard
Live streaming allows fleet managers to view live AI Dashcam video in their Fleet Dashboard remotely, in real-time.
Live Streaming Overview
- Depending on your company settings, live streaming can be enabled for the road-facing and driver-facing cameras.
- Only users with live streaming permissions can initiate a live stream for a vehicle.
- In-cab audio and visual alerts notify drivers when the live stream starts and ends — this cannot be turned off.
- Live streaming footage is not automatically saved. Only safety events and recalled videos are uploaded to the Safety Hub.
- Each AI Dashcam includes 10 minutes of live streaming per month on Pro and Enterprise subscription plans.
- Unused minutes do not roll over to the next month and cannot be pooled with another device. If you need more time per month, you can purchase a live streaming license.
Prerequisites for Live Streaming
To initiate live streaming, you need to have the following in place:
- The vehicle must have an AI Dashcam installed.
- The vehicle must be turned on.
- The vehicle must be in the range of a working cellular signal. The streaming video quality is dependent on the cell signal.
- The Vehicle Gateway has not exceeded the monthly data limit.
- The vehicle has the live stream feature enabled.
- The requester has explicit live streaming permissions.
- How to enable Live Stream for vehicles?
- How to Give Fleet Users Permission to Request a Live Stream
- How to Initiate a Live Stream
- How to Buy more Live Stream Footage