The minimum requirement for Android devices supported by the Motive Driver app is Marshmallow Nougat OS version 6.0 7.0. If your device is running Lollipop Marshmallow OS version, update your device to gain access to all the latest updates and features.
Steps: Upgrading your OS (Android)
To upgrade your device’s OS, please follow these simple steps below:
1. Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
2. Please ensure you have a strong internet connection.
3. Open the Settings app on your device.
4. Scroll down and select About Phone or Software Update depending on your device.
5. Tap on Check for Updates.
6. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap on it.
7. Depending on the OS, you'll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. After selecting the option available to you, your phone will reboot and initiate an OS upgrade.
We decided to stop supporting Lollipop Marshmallow OS to protect our Android users given that Google, the company looking after the Android operating system, stopped offering support for Lollipop Marshmallow about two years ago. This means that there have been no updates for this version of the operating system, including some critical security fixes.
Note: The upgrade process is similar for all Android devices, although the interface might vary. If your device fails to check for updates, it could be a possibility that your mobile device doesn't support the latest Android OS versions. In such cases, you should look for updates by searching the web using the mobile device Make and Model or you can upgrade your device.