|Audience||Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers|
|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Fuel > Fuel Purchases|
Motive allows Fleet Admins and Fleet Managers to keep a track of the total amount of fuel purchased for the fleet, the total amount of fuel utilized by drivers, and total miles driven within each state. Fleet Admins and Fleet Managers can import these fuel purchases using the template Motive provides.
Steps: Importing Fuel Purchases using the Motive template on Fleet Dashboard
Leading Zeros on Month/Day/Year
1. Log in to the Motive Fleet Dashboard and click Fuel in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click Add Fuel Purchase at the top right corner.
3. A prompt appears, click Import Fuel Purchases.
4. Click You can also use the Motive Template to download the template.
5. Once the template downloads, open an excel spreadsheet on your computer.
6. In the excel spreadsheet, click File from the menu bar.
7. Click Import from the dropdown menu.
8. A prompt appears, select the Upload tab.
9. Click Browse and import the downloaded file.
10. A prompt appears, click Import data.
11. Once the data is imported, select the date column by clicking A at the top.
12. Click Format from the menu bar.
13. Click Number from the dropdown menu.
14. Click Custom date and time.
A prompt appears, ensure the format is Month/Day/Year.
15. Now click Month and select Month with leading zero.
16. Click Day and select Day with leading zero.
17. Click Year and select Full Numeric Year.
18. Click Apply.
Now all the entries in the excel spreadsheet are updated with leading zeros.
Leading Zeros on Time
Follow steps 1 to 10 from the above section.
1. Select the column with the Time mentioned in it. Click B to select the entire time column.
2. Click Format from the menu bar.
3. Click Numbers from the dropdown menu.
4. Click Custom date and time.
5. Delete Month/Day/Year.
6. Now scroll down to select 13:25, the 24-hour format time.
7. Now click Hour and select Hour with leading zero.
8. Click Apply.
Now all the time entries are updated with leading zeros.