|Fleet Managers, Drivers, Fleet Admins
This feature enables the Fleet Admins, and Fleet Managers to capture pre-transaction and post-transaction metadata, i.e. odometer reading, vehicle ID, and a custom input against transactions. Odometer Reading and Vehicle ID can be captured via Vehicle Gateway, Driver App, and SMS, whereas the custom input can be captured via the Driver App and SMS. The post-transaction metadata includes receipts and comments.
How Motive Card Transaction Metadata Capture Helps You
The Motive Card transaction metadata feature enables the Fleets to ask Drivers to provide necessary information before they transact using the Motive Card. This information can help Fleets to:
- Associate vehicles to transactions.
- Associate an Expense Type or Project ID to a transaction.
- Correlate mileage to expenses.
- Track fuel mileage, etc.
Motive Card Transaction Metadata Capture Overview
The Motive Card transaction metadata capture allows Fleets to record Odometer Readings and Vehicle ID details, along with customizable inputs like Expense Type or Project ID. Pre-transaction metadata provides crucial context such as odometer readings and vehicle IDs for accurate transaction records. Post-transaction metadata includes receipts and notes, streamlining verification for Fleet Managers, and improving expense tracking.
What is pre-transaction metadata?
Pre-transaction metadata refers to data collected before a transaction. This feature helps capture important details like odometer readings, vehicle IDs, and customizable inputs. Odometer readings and vehicle IDs can be gathered via the Vehicle Gateway, Driver App, and SMS.
What is post-transaction metadata?
Post-transaction metadata is designed to cater to receipts and notes associated with transactions. For Motive Card users, this means providing receipts and notes via the Driver App, streamlining verification for Fleet Managers, and ensuring accuracy in expense tracking.
Actions available for Fleet Managers / Admins
Fleets can perform multiple actions to enable Motive Card transaction metadata capture. Those are:
- How to enable and disable Vehicle ID Reporting before each transaction
- Enable odometer reading capture before each transaction
- Enable a custom metadata field input before each transaction
- Disable/Delete a Single-select or Free Text Input custom field
- Edit the vehicle ID, odometer reading, and custom field in transaction details view on Fleet Dashboard
- Enable, view, delete receipts, and edit Cardholder comments on Fleet Dashboard.
Actions available for Cardholders
Once Fleet Admins mandate certain transaction metadata fields, here are the actions Cardholders can perform:
- Select a vehicle for Vehicle ID Reporting before a transaction through the Driver App or SMS
- Provide an odometer reading before a transaction through the Driver App or SMS
- Add data to a custom input field before a transaction through the Driver App or SMS
- Edit Vehicle ID, odometer reading, and custom field after a transaction using the Driver App
- Edit inserted odometer reading before a transaction through the Driver App
- Add custom field input before a transaction through the Driver App
- Upload, edit, view, remove receipts, and add comments through the Driver App
- How to upload, edit, view, remove receipts, and add comments through the Driver App
- How to enable, view, delete receipts, and edit Cardholder comments on the Fleet Dashboard