|Fleet Managers, Drivers, Fleet Admins|
|Applies To||Motive Cards|
This feature enables capturing pre-transaction metadata, i.e. odometer reading, vehicle ID, and a custom input against transactions. Odometer Reading and Vehicle ID can be captured via Vehicle Gateway, Driver App, and SMS, whereas the custom input can be captured via the Driver App and SMS.
The Motive Card transaction metadata capture is designed to allow fleets to capture details like Odometer Reading and Vehicle ID against transactions. Also, a custom input field is available which Fleet Admins can configure either as a free-text input field or as a single select dropdown, based on their own requirements, to capture information like Expense Type, Project ID, etc.
How Motive Card Transaction Metadata Capture Helps You
With the Motive Card transaction metadata feature, you will be able to ask drivers to provide necessary information before they transact using the Motive Card. This information can help you to:
- Associate vehicles to transactions.
- Associate an Expense Type or Project ID to a transaction.
- Correlate mileage to expenses.
- Track fuel mileage, etc.
Actions available for Fleet Managers / Admins
You can perform multiple actions to enable Motive Card transaction metadata capture. Those are:
- How to enable and disable Vehicle ID Reporting before each transaction
- Enable odometer reading capture before each transaction
- Enable a custom metadata field input before each transaction
- Disable/Delete a Single-select or Free Text Input custom field
Actions available for Cardholders
Once Fleet Admins mandate certain transaction metadata fields, here are the actions Cardholders can perform:
- Select a vehicle for Vehicle ID Reporting before a transaction through the Driver App or SMS
- Provide an odometer reading before a transaction through the Driver App or SMS
- Add data to a custom input field before a transaction through the Driver App or SMS
- Edit Vehicle ID, odometer reading, and custom field after a transaction using the Driver App
- Edit the vehicle ID, odometer reading, and custom field in transaction details view on Fleet Dashboard
- Edit inserted odometer reading before a transaction through the Driver App
- Edit custom field input before a transaction through the Driver App