|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Fuel|
The Motive (formerly Keeptruckin) Fuel Hub is a powerful way for fleets to save money on fuel and operate more efficiently.
How Fuel Hub Helps You
The Fuel Hub provides a consolidated view of your fleet’s fuel consumption, benchmarked across our expansive network of vehicles. You can identify fuel usage and outliers at a quick glance with our simple, intuitive dashboard.
- Fuel Trends
- Fuel Efficiency Factors
- Driver Fuel Performance
- Vehicle Performance
- Make & Model Performance
- Quick Links
Fuel Hub Overview
1. Log into the Motive Fleet Dashboard, click on Fuel in the left-hand side menu.
2. You will be taken to the Fuel Hub, where you can track your fleet’s fuel consumption over time and understand key driver behaviors that impact fuel economy. You can also track vehicle fuel performance to identify inefficient vehicles in your fleet.
1. In the Summary metrics bar, you can view key fuel consumption metrics for your fleet for the selected time period. You can switch between different time periods by using the time toggle in the top right. Adjusting the time toggle will update the Summary metrics along with the dashboard graphs and charts below (Fuel Trends, Fuel Efficiency Factors, Driver Performance, Vehicle Performance, and Make & Model Performance). These metrics will help you quickly understand how the fleet’s activity trended from the previous time period. If you are viewing the dashboard in metric units, you will be able to view these charts in KM/L.
2. You can also filter out your search by clicking on the All Vehicle Types dropdown. You can then filter by Vehicle Class, Make, Model, Year, and Fuel Type.
3. In the metrics bar you can view;
- Fuel Score: The amount of total fuel saved within a given day trend.
- Distance: Total distance covered in that time period.
- Fuel Used: Percentage of fuel used in that time period.
- Fuel Cost: The cost of total fuel.
- Vehicle Utilization: Average percentage of fuel utilization by vehicles. If a vehicle operates PTO while idling, it counts towards utilization.
- Idle Fuel: Fuel consumed while vehicles are idle.
- Fuel Wasted/ Est. CO2 Emission (ton): The amount of fuel wasted in the time period.
1. In the Fuel Trends graph, you can view a 90-day trend of the metrics below:
- FUEL SCORE: Understand the fuel consumption of your fleet.
- AVG. MPG: Understand your fleet’s average MPG (Miles per Gallon) performance over a 90 day period and compare against the Motive network average.
- % IDLING: Understand how your fleet’s idling rate has trended over the last 90 days and compare against the Motive network average. Idling rate is calculated as the idle time over engine on (idle + drive) time.
Fuel Efficiency Factors
1. Fuel Efficiency Factors help you better understand the driver behaviors that impact fuel economy. These metrics will update if you adjust the time toggle in the Summary metrics bar. Fuel Efficiency Factors include:
- Cruise Distance: Distance traveled using cruise control as a percentage of total distance traveled by your fleet.
- Cruise Time: Time spent using cruise control as a percentage of total time your fleet spent driving.
- Idle Time: Percentage of the time the engine was running but the vehicle was stationary.
- Over RPM: Percentage of time the engine was on when the RPM was over 1700.
- Hard Braking: Number of instances where the driver committed a hard brake for every 1000 miles of distance driven
- Hard Acceleration: Number of instances where the driver accelerated aggressively for every 1000 miles of distance driven
- Hard Cornering: Number of instances where the driver turned a corner at high speeds for every 1000 miles of distance driven
Speed: Your fleet’s average driving speed.
Driver Fuel Performance
Driver Fuel Performance leaderboard helps you quickly identify the drivers with highest and lowest fuel scores. Drivers are ranked by fuel economy so you can see their MPG for the selected time period and how it has changed compared to the previous time period.
Clicking on the View all Drivers will take you to the Driver list page where you can view & compare performance of all the drivers in your fleet.
Note: We only include drivers that have driven at least 15.5 miles (25 km) in the selected time period for the Driver Fuel Performance section.
1. The Vehicle Performance leaderboard gives you a quick view into your bottom and top performing vehicles. This helps you determine the types of vehicles you want to invest in — or possibly get rid of. Vehicles are ranked by fuel economy and you click on the vehicle to see their MPG for the selected time period & how it has changed compared to the previous time period.
Make & Model Performance
The Make & Model Performance leaderboard gives you a quick view into your bottom and top performing make and models. Vehicles are ranked by fuel economy and you can see their MPG for the selected time period & how it has changed compared to the previous time period.
The Quick Links found on the right side of the page will automatically take you to the relevant Fuel reports section, allowing you to directly export the required data.
- How to view Fuel Hub Driver Details
- How to manage Fuel Hub Vehicle Details
- How to Manage Fuel Purchases Added from the Motive Driver App
- How to view and download Driver Fuel Performance Report
- What Motive fuel features are available?
- How to Enable WEX/EFS Fuel Integration
- What is WEX/EFS Fuel Purchase Integration