|Fleet Dashboard > Fuel > Fuel Purchase
IFTA CSV file does not upload.
Whenever a Fleet Admin uploads fuel purchase records for IFTA using an incorrectly formatted CSV file, the import will fail.
Here is a list of common formatting errors in the CSV files. Go through this list and check that your CSV is not making any of these mistakes. Once you resolve all of these errors, the file should upload successfully.
- CSV Headers do not match the Headers in Motive Fuel CSV Template.
- Date/Time is not in ISO 8601 date format instead of Purchased at.
- Vehicle ID is missing or does not correspond to any vehicle in the company.
- Driver Email/Username is missing or does not correspond to any Driver in the company.
- Invalid Jurisdiction.
- Entry in both or none of the Volume (ltr) & Volume (gal) columns at the same time for fuel amount. Only one needs to be filled for each entry.
- Entry in both or none of the Cost (USD) and Cost (CAD) columns. Only one needs to be filled for each entry.
- Entry in both Odometer (mi) and Odometer (km) columns. The user can leave both columns empty or fill one of the columns.
- Volume, Currency or Odometer is less than or equal to 0 or not a number.