|Applies To||Fleet Dashboard > Fleet View|
This feature allows you to track the progress of any vehicle towards its destination with ETAs and status information. It helps you view progress in real time and plan your tasks accordingly.
This feature behaves differently depending on whether or not you have TMS integration with Motive. With TMS integration, you do not need to enter your destination manually for a Dispatch as it is automatically pulled in from the TMS system.
Steps: Tracking Dispatches for vehicles with TMS Integration
- For vehicles with TMS integration
- For vehicles without TMS integration
For Vehicles with TMS integration
1. Log into the Motive Fleet Dashboard. The Fleet View page displays.
2. Click on the vehicle from the list you want to track Dispatch for.
Note: ETA does not take into account stops, traffic delays, or road conditions. It is based on regular automobile travel time. Drivers must use Driver workflow to promptly start Dispatch and complete forms to ensure the correct stops’ ETA is shown.
3. The Vehicle Live tab opens. The vehicle Live tab shows information on the upcoming stop along with the ETA. A dotted line appears on the Map view. You can track the route and time status of the Dispatch until it reaches the destination.
4. Once the Dispatch is completed, the information on the last Dispatch will be shown until the next Dispatch is active.
Note: If the vehicle or Driver is on a new active Dispatch, the information on the previous Dispatch will be replaced with the currently active one.
5. You can also view previous Dispatch performance after one week.
To do so:
- Click on Dispatch in the left-hand side menu. Click on the Done tab to view a list of completed dispatches by the Driver or Dispatch id, along with their timestamps on whether the arrival was On time or Delayed.
For vehicles without TMS integration
To track dispatches for vehicles without an active Dispatch you have to enter the destination manually and get an ETA.
1. Log into the Motive Fleet Dashboard. This will display the Fleet View page.
2. Select a vehicle in the Fleet View to see the Live tab on your screen.
3. To add a destination for the vehicle, click on Add Destination to get an ETA.
4. Add the address for the Dispatch in the Destination field. Add an arrival date and time for the Dispatch in the Arrive By fields.
Note: If you add time in the Arrive By field, it will also tell you if the vehicle will arrive on time.
5. Click on Start Tracking.
On doing so, you will be able to see the status of the selected vehicle in the vehicle’s Live tab.
View the status of Dispatch on the Fleet View Map.
1. Once the vehicle reaches and leaves its destination, the tracking status updates with the Arrived and Departed status.
2. To update a destination or time for the next Dispatch, click on Edit.
On doing so, additional fields display where you can update the Destination and Arrive By time for the dispatches.
3. Click on Save to update changes.
4. To stop the vehicle tracking, click on Delete.