|Audience||Fleet Managers, Fleet Admins|
|Applies To||Motive Cards|
Enabling Mobile-based Card Unlock feature for Motive Cards allows Fleet Admins to introduce better security against fraud or misuse of the Motive Card. Once enabled, all Motive Cards in the fleet get locked automatically. There are 2 ways through which cardholders can unlock their Motive card:
|Note: Enabling/Disabling Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature at the Fleet level is not available for Vehicle Cards. It is only applicable to Driver Cards.|
There are 2 ways through which cardholders can unlock their Motive Card:
- Card unlock using the Motive Driver App: Cardholders can log in to the Motive Driver App, tap on the left navigation menu and select Motive Card. If mobile based unlock is enabled, they see a banner at the top to unlock the card if they would like to use it. Tapping on the banner unlocks the card for the next 30 minutes.
- Card unlock using text SMS: Cardholders can send the unlock pin (last four digits of their Motive Card) via SMS to Motive at (408) 645-7882 before they swipe the card for usage.
Steps: Enabling/Disabling Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature at Fleet level
- Enabling Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature
- Disabling Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature
- Verifying Cardholders' phone numbers
Enabling Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature
1. Log in to the Fleet Dashboard and click the Admin icon on the bottom left side of the screen.
2. Click Cards.
3. Open the Configuration tab.
4. If you do not see the Configuration tab at this point, click Fleet Users tab in the left-hand side menu.
5. Click Roles & Permissions.
6. Choose Edit from the Options dropdown menu for the Fleet User.
7. On the Edit Role screen, scroll down to the Cards section under Admin, and enable Access Card Management and Edit Card Status and Spend Control, and Fraud Control.
8. Go back to the Cards menu in the left-hand side menu.
9. The Configuration tab appears on the screen. Open the Configuration tab and you will see Mobile-Based Unlock: Disabled.
10. Switch the toggle button for Mobile-Based Unlock and a pop-up will appear.
10. Read the message in the popup and click Yes to enable Mobile-Based Card Unlock.
|Note: This Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature is enabled only for cardholders who either have a contact number available in their profile or have the updated Motive Driver App installed on their mobile device. The cardholders for whom this feature is not enabled can continue to use the Motive Card as earlier.|
11. A message appears if one or more cardholders don't have a mobile number on file and have not updated Motive Driver App.
12. Clicking on Add phone numbers opens a popup screen with cardholders that don't have a mobile number on file and don't have the updated Motive Driver app. Add the missing numbers and click Save.
13. Mobile based unlock gets enabled for those cardholders whose mobile numbers have been added. As confirmation, SMS card unlock enabled for x cardholders notification appears on the top of your screen.
|Note: Once Mobile based unlock is enabled at the fleet level, it can be overridden (disabled) for individual cardholders in the fleet using the steps here.|
Disabling Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature
1. To disable the Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature, follow steps 1-3 as mentioned above for Enabling Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature.
2. Switch the toggle button to disable Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature.
|Note: This change applies instantly to all cardholders, and all cards in the fleet get automatically unlocked. All drivers can then use their Motive Cards without needing to unlock their Motive Card. You cannot override this setting for individual cardholders.|
3. Read the message in the popup and click Yes to Disable Mobile-Based Card Unlock feature.
Verifying cardholders' mobile numbers
1. Log in to Fleet Dashboard and click Reports options from the left-hand side menu.
2. Under the Browse section, select Drivers.
3. Select Drivers Details.
4. The Drivers Detail page displays. The CONTACT DETAILS column shows the contact numbers for all drivers. Validate the mobile number for each cardholder in the fleet.
|Note: Ensure that the mobile numbers are correct. If a mobile number is incorrect, the cardholder would be able to unlock their Motive Card only through the Driver App.|