|Audience||Fleet Admins, Fleet Managers|
|Applies To||Asset Gateway Mini|
If you’ve already assigned and installed the Asset Gateway Mini but you’re not getting an updated asset location on your Fleet Dashboard after a day.
- Check to see if the Asset Gateway Mini has been properly assigned. Go to the asset profile and see if the Asset Gateway Mini’s serial number matches what is shown on the screen. If it isn’t, assign the correct Asset Gateway Mini to the asset.
- If the asset is located indoors, it could be possible that the GPS is not being located by the satellites due to physical obstructions. Move the equipment outdoors, if the Asset Gateway Mini is not being easily removed.
- If the Asset Gateway Mini can be removed, do so, and take it outside with a clear line of sight to the sky.
- If it’s cable powered, wait for around 30 minutes to see if you get a location update.
- If it’s still not showing a location update, please unplug the cable from the device, reboot your device by holding down the reset pin for 10 seconds, and then release it. The LED should flash blue 3 times indicating that the reset was successful. Give it around 30 minutes to try and find a GPS fix.
- If it’s battery powered, please reboot your device by holding down the reset pin for 10 seconds and then release it. The LED should flash blue 3 times indicating that the reset was successful. Give it around 30 minutes for the satellites to try and find a GPS fix.
- If none of those steps are successful, please reach out to Motive support and we can further triage your installation and device.