|Applies To||Smart Dashcam|
Symptoms: Dashcam not powering upSmart Dashcam LED light is not on and the Dashcam is not powering up.
- Rust or Corrosion
Unplug the Smart Dashcam from the Vehicle Gateway port and plug it into a different USB port with an active power source. If it remains off, it means the Dashcam is probably defective.
- If the Smart Dashcam is powering up, that means there is an issue with the Vehicle Gateway's USB port.
Inspect the USB port in the Vehicle Gateway for any damage/corrosion or try charging your mobile device from the same port to confirm.
Make sure that no other device (like a USB hub) is plugged between the Vehicle Gateway and Smart Dashcam. The Dashcam is supposed to be directly connected to the Vehicle Gateway.
Try swapping the Dashcam with another working Dashcam to check if the other test unit powered up/worked properly.
Try to connect the reported dashcam in another Cellular Vehicle Gateway (that already has a working Dashcam connected to it).
If the Smart Dashcam still doesn’t power up after going through the aforementioned checks, please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot the issue:
|Note : (Normal lights: left = green, right = red (Motive App isn't connected and engine status isn't being detected) / flashing red (Motive App isn't connected and engine is being detected as turned on) / green (Motive app is connected)|
- Turn on the vehicle's engine and check if the Vehicle Gateway lights are turning on.
- Turn off the vehicle's engine and unplug the Dashcam.
- Unplug the Vehicle Gateway from the vehicle diagnostic port and wait for 5+ mins.
- Make sure that the cable connectors and the vehicle's diagnostic port are clean and the connector pins are also looking fine.
- After 5 min, plug the Vehicle Gateway to the vehicle diagnostics port and make sure the connections are firm/secure.
- Now turn on the vehicle engine and wait for the GPS light (left-hand side) to turn solid green.
- Plug in the Dashcam cable back into the vehicle gateway and check for status of LED light on the Dashcam.
|Note: The left LED light is for GPS If the positioning of the Vehicle Gateway is such that you can see the Motive logo on the top.|
Testing Dashcam / View Images (Driver App)
1. Log into the Driver App and click on Logs.
2. Tap on Current Vehicle.
Note: Learn how to connect your mobile device to your Vehicle Gateway.
3. Under the Current Vehicle section tap on Manage Dashcam.
|Note: If the camera is detected, it shows ‘Detected’ in green and gives you an option to take a test image.|
4. On the Manage Dashcam screen, tap on View Images to see if your dashcam is working.
|Note: If the camera is detected, it will show ‘connected’ and will give you an option to take a test image.|
5. Look for the status of the LED on the dashcam (ON / OFF).
The Smart Dashcam has an LED indicator on it, which shows the current status of the dashcam:
Dashcam light solid red: the camera is powered up and recording.
Dashcam light flashing red: the camera is updating its firmware.
Dashcam light solid white: the camera is malfunctioning.
Dashcam light flashing white: the camera is overheating.
Still not working? Contact us.