Skip to main content
ELD/ Vehicle Gateway won't turn off
||Drivers, Fleet Managers, Installers
Symptom(s): ELD/ Vehicle Gateway won't turn off
- ELD/ Vehicle Gateway is not turning off.
|Note: Ensure the cables are correctly installed & securely connected. Check and fix any fault codes that are open (related to your speed sensors)
- Open your Driver App on your mobile device and make sure it says 'No Vehicle' on the top right.
- Turn the engine off & take the keys out.
- Unplug the cable from the Vehicle's diagnostic port and the Vehicle Gateway unit.
- Check the following ports for corrosion/damage/missing pins.
Take pictures of both ends of the Motive cable, the Vehicle Gateway device's port, and the diagnostic port/ fuse box (if fuse box connector in use).
Once the lights on the unit turn off, leave it unplugged for 5 minutes.
Plug the cable back into the unit, and the diagnostic port/ fuse box, turn on the engine to check the functionality of the ELD/Vehicle Gateway.
- Both ends of the Motive cable connector
- Vehicle diagnostic port
- Vehicle Gateway device's connector port (NOT USB PORT)
Share this with others
This article also appears under:
© 2013-2023 Motive Technologies, Inc.
Resources for Drivers and other users of the Motive Driver App.
Resources for users of the Motive Fleet Dashboard and Motive Fleet App.
Installers / Installation Guides
Resources on how to install all Motive hardware products, such as Vehicle Gateways and Cameras.
Reset password, add a vehicle, install vehicle gateway (ELD)