SymptomsThe Vehicle Gateway Wi-Fi hotspot is not working
If you have concerns related to Wi-Fi hotspot, please follow some simple steps mentioned below in order to fix the issue:
- Try to load a website in your device’s browser.
- Make sure the LED lights on the Vehicle Gateway are powered ON.
- Ensure the WiFi of your mobile/tablet device is ON and the airplane mode is OFF.
- If you are unable to see Motive Hotspot under available networks in your WiFi settings of the device, try unplugging the Vehicle Gateway for 5+ minutes with the engine turned OFF, then plug it back in.
- Once rebooted, wait for approximately 2 minutes and see if the WiFi Hotspot shows up.
- If not, check if the Vehicle Gateway's WiFi hotspot is available to connect on a secondary mobile device.
- Make sure the Vehicle Gateway firmware is updated. To learn how to update your Vehicle Gateway, click here.
- The Vehicle Gateway must detect Engine ON within the last 45 minutes for Wi-Fi SSID to be broadcasted by the hotspot.
- If the issue still persists after going through the above-mentioned checks, contact customer support.